Thursday, February 3, 2011

A fresh Start!

I know I'm a month late for my New Years resolution, but I've really just been procrastinating :)
I've been wanted to catch up on my Blog(s) for well over a month, so I guess it's better late than never!

I know I can't catch up on everything that's happened in almost 2 years (Wow) but I'll just give the Cliff Notes version:

After a huge headache I finally got my Green card. Unfortunately it's temporary so in a couple of month I have more paper work and probably in July an interview to make sure Jayson and I are still married.

I've been working for the same company since I've been able to work; APX Alarm which just changed it's name to Vivint yesterday. I started in the customer Support department and it was a grind :( Finally last May I changed departments, I am now an administrator in the Sales department. The best part: Jayson works in the department as a sales rep!

My family is still in Canada and Jayson's is in India. We've been able to go back home to Canada for the last 2 Christmas' and they have been able to visit in the summer and some other holidays. Jayson's family has come out in the summer for a few weeks, so we've been able to at least see them (but it's never enough)

Jayson spent the late spring studying for the DAT and then applying for Dental School. In the fall he was interviewed at 6 of the 15 schools he applied to. We held our breath Nov. 30 waiting for the acceptance emails on Dec.1. We were fortunate, Jayson was accepted to 5 of the 6 schools he interviewed at. However it was a double edged sword, we had a decision to make. With a lot of praying, pro's and con's lists and advice from family and friends we decided to accept the university of Louisville's offer.

In addition to Jayson going to Dental school we are attempting to sign with the Military for a four year scholarship. If all goes well the Army will cover Jayson's schooling and also pay him monthly while he is in school, in return Jayson will commit to 4 years in the Army as a dentist. The pay will be slightly least, but we've decided it's worth it to finish school debt free. So our fingers are crossed and we're hoping and praying everything goes well.

There you have it in a nutshell, well maybe a little more than a nutshell. I apologize I'm rusty with blogging and I'm still learning the functions, so hopefully my post will start to look more flashy :)

1 comment:

Gwendolyn Fullmer said...

Yay I found your blog. Cool! so when are we getting together next to hang out and I can give you back your oh so awesome work out clothes.